Menus enable easy navigation of your website by providing quick access to different pages.
How to Add a Page to the Main Menu
- Create a page or edit an existing one.
- Select the Edit > Menu settings > Provide a menu link.
- Change Menu Link Title if desired.
- Select the Parent item based on how you would like the page to be displayed on the Main Menu.
- "<Main navigation>" will display the page as its own section on the menu bar.
- If you select another link as the Parent Item, the page you are on will be set as a drop down selection from that link. More detail is provided below in Menu Folders.
- Enter Weight if desired.
- Weight will adjust the order of the pages below the Parent Item. Menu links with smaller weights are displayed before links with larger weights.
- Menu Link Title: Text that displays in the menu. This text can be different from the title of the page and can be changed at any time.
- Description (optional): Text that displays on hover.
- Parent item: Item that the page lives under. Select "<Main Navigation>" to put the page on the main menu.
- Weight: Order of pages in the menu.
Menu "folders" are menu links that have sub-pages but are are not linked to their own individual page. It is best practice to have all top main menu links wither be linked to a single page OR be a menu folder (not both).
This method allows you to create a link that will appear on the main navigation, which can then be used to organize individual pages using the steps above.
- Navigate to Manage > Structure > Menus.
- Click on Edit menu next to Main Navigation.
- Click the Add link button.
- Enter Menu link title. This is the text to be used for this link in the menu.
- Type in <nolink> in the Link field.
- Check the Show as expanded box.
- Keep Parent link selected to "<Main navigation>".
- Rearrange menu items to place pages in this "folder" with the drag-and-drop interface.