The Person content type provides the basic fields to capture information for the people in your organization/department and are displayed through Views.
How to Add a Person
- Click on Content > Add Content.
- Select Person.
- Fill out the desired fields (only first and last name are required).
- First Name: Person's first name
- Last Name: Person's last name
- Pronouns: Pronouns Guidance
- Photo: Person's headshot photo
- Note: Images must be larger than 568 x 426 pixels and the Card image crop will be used.
- Categories: Used to organize people in Views. Categories must first be created using the Taxonomy editor.
- Category: Person's primary category (usually department name)
- Category - Secondary: Person's secondary category
- Job Title(s): Person's job title (multiple titles can be added by clicking Add another item)
- Email: Person's work email address
- Phone Number(s): Person's work phone number (multiple numbers can be added by clicking Add another item)
- Address(es): Person's work address (multiple addresses can be added on separate lines)
- Link(s): Used to add a link to a person's personal/research site etc.
- URL: The URL of the external link (must begin with "http(s)://")
- Link Text: Text to display for the link
- Biography: Person's biography
- Degree(s): Person's degree (multiple degrees can be added by clicking Add another item)
- Link to external bio (on Summary Tab): Adding a link in this field will take users directly to an external web page rather than the individual bio page.
How to Reorder People
Caution: Reordering people using the instructions below will permanently alter how your site organizes people - your site will no longer automatically alphabetically organize people and with each new person added to your site, their order will need to be set using the instructions below.
Note: You are encouraged to consult with our team before using the instructions below to reorder people. Submit a service ticket that explains your directory needs, our team will advise different potential solutions.
- When logged into your site, navigate to a page containing a Person View you’d like to reorder.
- When you hover your mouse over a person element, a small pencil icon will appear on the right side.
- Click on the pencil and then click on Order View.
- Ensure Show Row Weights is visible on the top right above Main Content.
- If Hide Row Weights is showing, click that so that Show Row Weights is visible instead.
- Look for the small cross on the left of the person you wish to move.
- Click and as you hold, drag the person to its desired location.
- Save Order.