Forms allow you to interact with your audience on your website. Forms are used to collect information, website feedback, event registrations, program signups, and more. Often forms will generate notification emails to both the individual completing the form and to the organization collecting the information.
Qualtrics, known to many as a survey and educational tool, is also an ideal online form solution for the following reasons:
- Qualtrics form creation is easy and quick
- Anyone on your team can build forms and view submissions
- Customize alert emails to your team or thank you emails upon form submission
- Qualtrics forms keep your website secure and limit spam
- There is no cost to use Qualtrics for faculty, students or staff
- Log in to your Qualtrics account (using your Net ID) at http://qualtrics.arizona.edu
- Build a new form (frequently called 'surveys') in Qualtrics
- Create a link from your Arizona Site to your Qualtrics form
The University of Arizona Qualtrics support team can be reached using Service Now.
Arizona Sites users: Please submit a Service Now support request if you are needing assistance with Drupal Webforms, including help enabling modules above. Qualtrics is our recommended form solution for Arizona Sites.
To ensure proper functionality of your webforms, please install the following modules:
- Webform UI
- Webform Node
- Navigate to Manage > Structure.
- Select Webforms.
- Select Add Webform.
- Input the desired title of the Webform into the text box.
- OPTIONAL: Provide an Administrative description of the webform to understand its purpose
- Click Save
NOTE: After clicking save, the user will be directed to a page where they can begin building the webform.
Note: By default, QuickStart will display the name of the user who created the webform, and the date that it was created. We recommend hiding this information.
To do this
- Navigate to Manage > Structure
- Select Content Types
- Click the dropdown arrow to the right of Webforms and select Edit
- Select Display Settings
- Uncheck the box "Display author and date information"
There are 2 methods for placing a webform on a page. The first method creates a basic page that allows you to add text and a webform below the text. The second method utilizes the Webform block type to place the webform in different regions of the page.
- Navigate to Manage > Content.
- Select Add Content.
- Select Webform.
- Note: The webform option will only be available if webforms have been enabled on your site
- Title the page.
- Add content to the page using the Editor Toolbar.
- Select the webform you would like to attach to the page using the Webform dropdown.
- Navigate to Manage > Structure.
- Select Block layout.
- Navigate to the region of the page you would like the webform to appear.
- Note: A breakdown of the page regions is displayed to the right.
- Select Place block.
- Scroll down to find the block named Webform > Place block.
- Enter a title to be displayed above the webform under Title.
- To hide the title, uncheck Display title.
- Under Webform, search the webform you would like embedded.
- To display it on only one page, select Pages under Visibility, ensure Show for the listed pages is selected, and enter the path of the page you would like the webform to appear on.
- To show on all pages, leave this area blank
- To hide on certain pages, select Hide for the listed pages, and enter the paths of the pages you don't want the webform displayed on.
- Save block.