Managing users can be done by users with either the Administrator or User Administrator role.
All users can use Single Sign On with their NetID via the Central Authentication System (CAS), so there is no need to have unique usernames and passwords.
How to Add a User
- Click on People -> Add CAS User(s)
- Type the person's NetID in the CAS username(s) field. You can add as many as you'd like, one NetID per line.
- Select the desired Role(s).
How to Delete a User
It is a good security practice to change a user's access to your site when that user no longer requires it to do their job.
- Click on People
- Type the person's NetID in the Name or email contains field, and press the filter button.
- Click the edit button that appears to the far right of the user name in the resulting table.
- Find the Status radio field, and change from active to blocked.
- Find the Roles checkbox field, and uncheck any roles the user has and no longer needs.
The roles available in Quickstart have been carefully crafted to balance the access needed to do your work with the security principle of least privilege.
The following roles are available:
- Content Editor – can create and edit site content
- Content Administrator – can manage menus, taxonomy terms, and redirects
- User Administrator – can create new user accounts and assign most roles
- Administrator – can perform security updates, make customizations, and administer site (developer staff only)