You can import a news feed from the University of Arizona News website related to specific topics or areas. These articles appear on your site alongside your own news stories.
Enable the Quickstart News Feeds Module
Site Administrators can:
- Go to Extend from the top toolbar.
- Search for the Quickstart News Feeds module.
- Check the box next to the Quickstart News Feeds module.
- Click Install at the bottom of the page to enable the module.
Note: The Quickstart News Feed module is experimental.
Configure News Feed Categories
You can select one or more news categories to import. The default is "All" which will pull in 30 stories (no category specified) when you run the import.
To narrow the importer to specific topics, content administrators or site administrators can:
- Go to <yoursite>/admin/content/az-news-feeds.
- Under News Categories, click the X next to the "All" tag to remove it.
- In the News Categories box, type the topic/college name/category you would like to use. If you place your cursor in the box you can scroll the full list of possible tags.
- Add additional categories as desired.
- Click on Save Configuration to save your changes.
The import is set to automatically run every 30 minutes, but this may vary depending on your website's settings. Arizona Sites and other sites hosted on Pantheon will generally import within an hour.
Manually Run the Import
If desired, site administrators can manually run an import of articles. This will use migrate functionality to bring in up to 30 stories from UArizona News Feed based on the categories you set up.
- Go to <yoursite>/admin/structure/migrate.
- Click on List Migrations next to AZ Quickstarts News Feed.
- Click on Execute for the UArizona News Stories migration.
- Make sure the import radio button is selected.
- Click on Execute again to begin the import.
The import can take several minutes to complete, but once finished the imported news articles will appear on the site.
Configure the Import Schedule
By default the feed is set to import new articles every 30 minutes, but this may vary depending on your website's settings. Arizona Sites and other sites hosted on Pantheon will generally import every hour at the top of the hour.
Site administrators can customize the import schedule at <mysite>/admin/config/migrate_queue_importer/cron_migration.