People & directories
Most colleges, departments and programs have faculty, staff or students involved that will be displayed as a Directory. Quickstart has a built-in Person content type that is designed to meet the needs of our University.
- Go to Content on the Admin menu.
- Click Add Content.
- Choose Person.
- Fill in all of their details and save.
There is an automatic Directory page available at /people.
To use this option, you will want to add it to your menu:
- Go to Structure on the Admin Menu.
- Click on Menus.
- Next to Main Menu, choose Add Link.
- For the Menu Link Title, fill in how you want it to appear on your menu: People, or Directory.
- For the Path, fill in people.
- Save your changes.
If you want to display people differently on your site, or want to add additional content to your directory page, you can use Flexible Pages + Views.
- Go to the Flexible Page that you want to add your People to.
- Click on Add View near the bottom of the page.
Choose the "uaqs_person_directory - Grid Page" or "uaqs_person_directory - Row Page" option, depending on how you'd like your people displayed.
Add whatever other content you want to the page and save.