Events are a listing feature that you can create and publish on your site and are displayed onto the website through Views.
How to Create an Event
- Navigate to Content > Add Content > Event.
- Enter a Title of your event and select the Date (These are the only two mandatory fields).
- You can add a Summary using the menu on the right.
- Other fields include:
- Subtitle allows you to add a subtitle to your event
- Category (Taxonomy term) allows you to add your event to a category. More information on categories and taxonomy.
- Add Media allows you to add a photo to your event
- When allows you to specify when the event will take place
- Click add another item to add more times for the event
- Event Description allows you to add a description for the event
- Where allows you to specify the location of the event with a URL and text
- Attachments allows you to add additional attachments to the page
- Contacts select Add Contact to add a contact to your page
Note: Future events on your site will automatically display by adding /calendar to the end of your site URL.
- Create a page or edit an existing one.
- Select the Add View button from the page elements.
- Add the bottom spacing using Additional Options.
- Select AZ Events from the View dropdown menu.
- Select a display from the Display dropdown menu (Grid View, Full Calendar).
- Selecting Grid View allows you to display three upcoming events on a page