News Items are articles that you can create and publish on your site and are displayed onto the website through Views.
How to Create a News Item
- Navigate to Manage > Content > Add content > News.
- Add News Title, Byline (Author name), and Date of Publication.
- Enter Subheading (optional)
- If desired, add a photo (picture must be at least 568x426 pixels).
- Can use media already in the media library or can upload a file from computer
- If uploading directly from computer, you are required to add Alt Text (a description of the picture that will be displayed if the picture doesn’t load)
- You can add an optional caption and image credit.
- Click Save.
- Select desired media and click Insert Selected.
- Enter Article Body.
- To provide a link directly to an external article for readers to access without having to open the news item, click on the Summary tab on the right side.
- Enter the URL in the URL Field under Link to external news.
- By default, the link in summary views on News items displays “Read More.” Entering text in the Link Text field will change this from the default.
- If you have specific tags you want to categorize your article by, select them under News Tags.
- Hold ctrl down to select multiple tags
- To create tags/categories, see taxonomy
- Add optional Contacts with Add Contact.
Note: News items on your site will automatically display by adding /news or /news-teaser to the end of your site URL.
Examples: https://quickstart.arizona.edu/news-teasers and https://quickstart.arizona.edu/news
- Add a page or edit an existing one.
- Select Add View from the paragraph types.
- Title the view.
- From the View dropdown, select AZ News.
- From Display, choose the layout you would like for your news view: Grid, Paged Row, Small Row, Teaser Grid, or Recent News Marquee.