News Items are articles that you can create and publish on your site and are displayed onto the website through Views.
How to Create a News Item
- Navigate to Manage > Content > Add content > News.
- Add News Title, Byline (Author name), and Date of Publication.
- If desired, add a photo (picture must be at least 568x426 pixels).
- Can use media already in the media library or can upload a file from computer
- If uploading directly from computer, you are required to add Alt Text (a description of the picture that will be displayed if the picture doesn’t load)
- Select desired media and click Insert Selected
- Enter Photo Caption and Subheading (optional)
- Enter Article Body.
- To provide a link directly to an article for readers to access without having to open the news item, navigate to Extra Body Content > Add Text.
- Type "Read more", highlight it, select the link button , and paste the URL to your desired article
- If you have specific tags you want to categorize your article by, select them under News Tags.
- Hold ctrl down to select multiple tags
- To create tags/categories, see taxonomy
- Add optional Contacts with Add Contact.
Note: News items on your site will automatically display by adding /news or /news-teaser to the end of your site URL.
- Add a page or edit an existing one.
- Select Add View from the paragraph types.
- Title the view.
- From the View dropdown, select AZ News.
- From Display, choose the layout you would like for your news view: Grid, Paged Row, Small Row, Teaser Grid, or Recent News Marquee.