News Items are articles that you can create and publish on your site and are displayed onto the website through Views.
How to Create a News Item
- Navigate to Manage > Content > Add content > News.
- Add News Title, Byline (Author name), and Date of Publication.
- Enter Subheading (optional)
- If desired, add a photo (picture must be at least 568x426 pixels).
- Can use media already in the media library or can upload a file from computer
- If uploading directly from computer, you are required to add Alt Text (a description of the picture that will be displayed if the picture doesn’t load)
- You can add an optional caption and image credit.
- Click Save.
- Select desired media and click Insert Selected.
- Enter Article Body.
- To provide a link directly to an external article for readers to access without having to open the news item, click on the Summary tab on the right side and enter the URL in the Link to external news field.
- If you have specific tags you want to categorize your article by, select them under News Tags.
- Hold ctrl down to select multiple tags
- To create tags/categories, see taxonomy
- Add optional Contacts with Add Contact.
Note: News items on your site will automatically display by adding /news or /news-teaser to the end of your site URL.
Examples: https://quickstart.arizona.edu/news-teasers and https://quickstart.arizona.edu/news
- Add a page or edit an existing one.
- Select Add View from the paragraph types.
- Title the view.
- From the View dropdown, select AZ News.
- From Display, choose the layout you would like for your news view: Grid, Paged Row, Small Row, Teaser Grid, or Recent News Marquee.