Quickstart News Export allows for news items from your website to be shared with other university systems, specifically CatCloud, potentially getting your news content in front of hundreds of students and employees at the university via personalized news feeds.
Enable Quickstart News Export:
- An administrator must go to Manage > Extend and install Quickstart News Export.
In order for news that is exported from your site to be integrated into personalized news feeds in CatCloud, your news items must utilize a specific set of Taxonomy terms that CatCloud recognizes. These are known as Enterprise Attributes.
- Manage > Extend and install Quickstart Enterprise Attributes Import. This makes the Enterprise Attributes available for News and Events.
- Create a news item or event, or edit an existing one.
- At the bottom of the editor page, fill in the relevant Enterprise Attribute fields as appropriate.
The Enterprise Attributes you select here can also be used when creating Views/Filters across your own website, just as you would with regular taxonomy terms.
This API returns a list of news articles, each containing various attributes related to the article's content, metadata, and associated media.
Once the Quickstart News Export module is enabled, you should now have a publicly accessible JSON endpoint at <https://yoursite.arizona.edu>/az_quickstart/export/az_news/v1/az_news.j…
In order for content to appear in the public API, it must have all of the following conditions met:
- The content type must be az_news
- Content must be published
- There should be no value in the "Link to external news" URL field value.
Attributes of Each Article:
- title: The main title of the news article.
- nid: A unique numerical identifier for the article.
- uuid: A unique universal identifier for the article.
- canonical_url: The full URL link to the article.
- author: The name of the author of the article.
- created: The creation date and time of the article. UTC
- changed: The last modification date and time of the article. UTC
- field_az_body: The main content/body of the article, usually formatted in HTML.
- field_az_summary: A brief summary of the article.
- field_az_summary_plain: A plain text summary of the article.
- field_az_short_title: A shorter version of the article's title.
- field_az_subheading: A subheading or tagline for the article.
- field_az_byline: Additional byline information for the article.
- field_az_published: The published date and time of the article. UTC
- field_az_expiration_date: The expiration date and time of the article. UTC
- field_az_news_tags: A list of tags associated with the article.
- field_az_enterprise_attributes: Any enterprise-specific attributes for the article.
- field_az_attachments: A list of attachments associated with the article.
- field_az_contacts: Any contact information related to the article.
- field_az_media_image: Media details (like images) associated with the article. This includes:
- fid: File ID of the media.
- uuid: Unique universal identifier of the media.
- original: URL link to the original media.
- thumbnail: URL link to the thumbnail version of the media.
- thumbnail_small: URL link to a smaller thumbnail version of the media.
- alt: Alternate text description for the media.
- field_az_media_thumbnail_image: Thumbnail media details, similar to
- Not all attributes might be present in every article object.
- Some attributes like
field_az_media_imagecontain nested attributes within them.
- This API is only available in JSON format.
- All date/time fields are Current UTC, Time Zone (Coordinated Universal Time)