There is an automatic Events Calendar page available at /news
To use this option, you will want to add it to your menu:
- Go to Structure on the Admin Menu.
- Click on Menus.
- Next to Main Menu, choose Add Link.
4. For the Menu Link Title, fill in how you want it to appear on your menu: News
5. For the Path, fill in news.
6. Save your changes.
If you want to display News differently on your site, or want to add additional content to your News page, you can use Flexible Pages + Views.
- Go to the Flexible Page that you want to add your News to.
- Click on Add View near the bottom of the page.
- Choose the "uaqs_news- Teaser Block (3 items)" option. This will display the three most recent promoted news items.
- You can promote news items to this view by editing the news item and scrolling down to publishing options and clicking "Promote to front page"
- Add whatever other content you want to the page and save.
There are several pre-configured Blocks available to display News. Using Blocks gives you a lot of flexibility over how they are displayed, where they show up, and on which pages.
This page has the uaqs_news_sidebar_promoted_news_block configured to appear only on this page in the First Sidebar Region.
You can find more about what Blocks and Regions are as well as how to use them, see the Flexible Blocks Page.